Hummel Brands, LLC d/b/a Bee & Kin (“Bee & Kin”, “Company”, “We”, or “Us”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.beeandkin.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. This site is hosted by Shopify Inc. (“Shopify”) and Bee & Kin.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
This policy does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Bee & Kin or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website, register with the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personally identifiable information from a child under 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
The information about you which we or Shopify may collect through this Website varies depending on how you use this Website. We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personally identifiable information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you (e.g., is used for statistical, reporting and Website administration and maintenance purposes only); and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
- In connection with an order or purchase from our Website, Shopify collects your name, email, shipping and billing address, payment details, company name, phone number, IP address, information about orders you initiate, information about Shopify-supported merchant stores that you visit and information about the device and browser you use.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through a “cookie” or similar file.
- When you participate in a sweepstake, a contest, or a game on this Website or on a third-party site, sign up for email communications, participate in a survey, contact customer service, engage in a promotional or rewards program online or instore or otherwise interact with this Website.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our services, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- When you have given a third-party permission to share with us the information that they hold about you.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personally identifiable information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personally identifiable information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To enable us to personalize your shopping experience on our Website.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To respond to your questions, refund requests and complaints.
- To keep record of when and why you contact us and to keep your contact details up-to-date.
- For statistical, analytical or survey purposes so that we can improve our Website and the goods and services that we offer you.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests, raffles and similar promotions.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personally identifiable information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and this Website or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending emails, order fulfillment and sweepstake or contest administration and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personally identifiable information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Bee & Kin’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personally identifiable information held by Bee & Kin about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), we will take all steps that are reasonably necessary to ensure that any transfer of your personally identifiable information outside the EEA will be made pursuant to the European Union (EU) Model Clauses and the EU-US Privacy Shield certification. You may ask for further information on the safeguards that we have in place to safeguard the transfer of your data outside of the EEA by contacting us at email@example.com.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personally identifiable information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bee & Kin, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions
We may offer sweepstakes, contests, raffles and similar promotions through this Website that may require online registration. If you chose to enter a contest, sweepstake, raffle or similar promotion offered by Bee & Kin and, if applicable, win a sweepstake, contest, raffle or similar promotion, we may share your personally identifiable information with third party sponsors of such sweepstakes, contests, raffles and similar promotions (irrespective of whether it is hosted by us), or otherwise in accordance with the rules applicable to each sweepstake, contest, raffle, or promotion. Please refer to the rules of the specific sweepstake, raffle or similar promotion for additional information. Insofar as the terms and conditions of such rules concerning the treatment of your personally identifiable information conflict with this Privacy Statement, the terms and conditions of such rules shall control.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personally identifiable information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by following the opt-out link provided in any email received or by un-checking the applicable box on the Check Out page hosted by Shopify. In addition, you can send us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may follow the opt-out link provided in the email or send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information]
You can review and change your personally identifiable information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personally identifiable information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personally identifiable information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personally identifiable information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personally identifiable information is at your own risk. Please note that messages that you send us by e-mail are not secure. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
If you have any questions or feedback about privacy, or which to make a complaint about the way in which we have handled your personally identifiable information, you may contact us at:
Hummel Brands LLC d/b/a Bee & Kin
26 Mercer Street, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10013